West End Wine Discovery
Toronto loves wine! Across the city, some of our most fun and funky bars are doing amazingly creative things with wine and food pairings — and that’s what you’ll experience on this tour. We start at one of Toronto’s favourite little wine bars and then hop along Queen Street West, one of the most vibrant streets in the city. Here, food, drink, music and great shopping collide — from punk rock to haute couture, with more colourful characters than you can shake a cocktail stick at. Between sips of delicious wines and wine cocktails, along with perfectly paired small dishes, you’ll discover why Vogue magazine named Queen Street West one of the world’s coolest neighbourhoods. But we knew that already. Prepare to get schooled in cool… wines, that is.
Starting at one of our favourite wine bars for an introductory sip and nibble, we walk through the neighbourhoods known as West Queen West and Trinity Bellwoods. We'll also touch on the outskirts of the up-and-coming Parkdale neighbourhood. The tour ends disperses in an area littered with shops, clubs, bars and restaurants of every type imaginable. So you’ll have lots to do. Note: The exact meeting point will be sent to you along with your booking confirmation.
What's going to happen...
- Exclusive access — no lineups, your seat is waiting, and so is your drink! — to Toronto’s hottest wine bars and restaurants
- You'll meet the sommeliers, chefs and owners and hear their stories
- You'll get generous sample drinks expertly paired with delicious bites
- Never look like a tourist! With our small groups (10 or less) you'll look like your drinking with friends
- Visits to 5 of Toronto’s best wine bars and restaurants
- An easy walk — about 3 km or 1.8 miles (or less) from start to finish
- About five minutes between each stop (on average)
- An expert and fun loving guide who knows everything about the neighbourhood (and some secrets…)
Need to know
- Cut-off time for tour bookings is 11:59 pm the night before a tour.
- The exact meeting location will be sent with your emailed booking confirmation.
- The starting point is easy to get to by foot, cab or transit/TTC — and there are shops and cafes nearby to keep you busy in case you arrive early.
- Samples will vary (our bartenders are incredibly inventive and like to keep things interesting), but expect a tasty 2 to 4 ounce cocktail or wine at each stop
- Every drink will be beautifully paired with a food item that represents the character and style of the place — you’ll find out more on the spot!
- You’ll sample wines from around the world and Ontario and learn how and why we’re drinking them this way
- You’ll get a crash course in the hopping dining and shopping destination of Queen Street West — our guides will point out all the hotspots and points of interest (because you’ll definitely want to return!)
Notes to make your tour fantastic
- You will be walking! Comfortable shoes are recommended. Sidewalks can’t be trusted (that is, watch out for tripping hazards!)
- Including our meeting places, you will visit five or six outstanding places each one just a few minutes walk apart.
- Photos and questions are encouraged! Please show your love to our hospitality partners by tagging them in your photos (all social media handles will be provided before your tour begins). And don’t forget us at #sipwalkrepeat and @drinktotours
- Feel free to ask our guide anything! We want to help you have the best time in Toronto. Need recommendations for things to do, places to eat or drink, etc.? Ask away!
- We cannot guarantee that cross-contamination of ingredients will not occur. (So if you have a severe allergy, it might be best to take pass on our tours.)
- All of our partners use common allergens such as (but not limited to): meat, seafood/shellfish, nuts, gluten, soy, wheat, mushrooms, tree nuts, peanuts, milk, eggs.
- We will do our best to accommodate special requests but please make these requests at the time of booking or email us at email@example.com
- While we love our vegan friends, we can’t accommodate them at every stop, but we will do our best with advanced notice.
- Maybe this goes without saying, but it's the law: All participants need to be at least 19 years of age.